Thursday, October 29, 2015

Antipopes

Mark Shea tipped TOF to the following item at a blog called "Cosmic Yarns" by one Robert Scherrer. Who says science and religion are incompatible?
[W]hat, you may ask, is an antipope? An antipope is anyone who falsely claims to be the pope. For instance, the papal claimants residing at Avignon during the Great Schism of the 14th century are considered to be antipopes. This leads to a further question: what happens when a pope meets an antipope?

The answer: they annihilate and produce two Protestants. Because you have to conserve Anglican momentum.

8 comments:

  1. Mike,
    I am also a reader of your blog, and a sporadic contributor to Analog. I've enjoyed your stories there as well.
    Bob Scherrer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added your blog to my list.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I need to add a blog list to my own blog. I am rank amateur at this game. Shoot me an email if you are ever in the Nashville area.

      Delete
  2. I have a couple questions:

    In a pope/antipope reaction, does one measure the temperature in Calvins? Has the product of the reaction been validated by the scientific Methodists? Or is it a matter of faith alone? Does the reaction occur infallibly? Does the reaction contribute anything to sola output?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the Quark of the Covenant is involved.

      Delete
    2. Is 0 Calvin the temperature of Total Depravity?

      Delete

Wonder and Anticipation, the Likes of Which We Have Never Seen

  Hello family, friends and fans of Michael F. Flynn.   It is with sorrow and regret that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday,...