1. Is There Anything This Theory Cannot Explain?
Music: Will climate change give us the blues?
2. More Authors Than You Can Shake a Stick At.Sylometry, the statistical analysis of words in texts, has demonstrated that Genesis was written by three different authors. A computer analysis showed that six different authors wrote the fourteen Epistles attributed to St. Paul. Problem is the same techniques when applied to the works of James Joyce showed that Ulysses was written by five different authors, none of whom wrote any part of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
3. Zap! Zap! Take That, Ming the Merciless!The Army Is Testing Handheld Ray Guns
Presumably, it is much harder to hold them with the feet.
4. Fire Photon TorpedosNo, really: Gen 3 High Energy Laser Completes Beam Quality Evaluation
5. Is This Going Too Far?We hope. Warp Factor 5, Mr. Sulu!
NASA May Have Accidentally Created a Warp Field
6. Okay, But Whom Do We Root For?ISIS, Taliban Announce Jihad Against Each Other
7. In a Fit of Cultural InsensitivityMuslims threw Christians overboard during Med voyage
Oh, wait. It's only insensitive when it's Islamophobia. The Post made sure to add to the headline the initial word "Police:..." So the Post cannot be accused of racial [sic] insensitivity by reporting what muslims did. They are only reporting what Italian police said. Whew! Close call there. Now we can get back to being "troubled by the failure to provide sufficiently prompt and generous welfare assistance to the Muslim refugees, streaming across the Mediterranean."
The surviving Christians on the raft retaliated by... wait for it... linking arms and holding fast, making their mass to heavy for the muslims to throw them overboard.
8. Do Black Lives Matter?The Christians thrown off the raft in the Med were black men from Ghana and Nigeria. Another thirty murdered by ISIL in Libya were Ethiopian. Kenyans are also being attacked.
9. That's Enough Free Speech, Bub. The Next One'll Cost Ya.The First Amendment Should Never Protect Hatred
Possibly the most insidious thing is that we can't tell if this is a parody or not. Surely, no one can be that tone-deaf, can she? And yet TOF recalls no less than Stanley Fish writing decades ago that freedom of speech does not cover incorrect speech. He meant politically incorrect speech; but just think how much quieter our elections would be if it were impartially enforced. The Internet would empty out almost overnight.